Tuesday 27 November 2012

Bible Study on Ecclesiastes - Ecclesiastes 1:12 - 2:11

Please pray for tomorrow evening when Stefano will continue the series of Bible Studies on Ecclesiastes preaching from Ecclesiastes 1:12 - 2:11.

And whatever my eyes desired I did not keep from them. I kept my heart from no pleasure, for my heart found pleasure in all my toil, and this was my reward for all my toil. Then I considered all that my hands had done and the toil I had expended in doing it, and behold, all was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing to be gained under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 2:10-11 (ESV)


As introduction to illustrate the meaninglessness of a life's search for satisfaction apart from Christ, we'll look at the 2011 song 
"Moves Like Jagger" by the pop rock band Maroon 5. 

In this song Adam Levine sings: "You say I’m a kid, My ego is big
with the purpose of celebrating Mick Jagger for the new generation.
Yet what really is presented to the "new generation" 
is the old refrain of  the 1965 “I can’t get no satisfaction":
"I can’t get no satisfaction, ’cause I try and I try and I try and I try, 
I can’t get no satisfaction”


As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, 
you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 
These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
John 15:9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment