Saturday 19 January 2013

Series: the 7 "I am" sayings of Jesus - Intro

Tomorrow Stefano will start a new series
on the 7 "I am" sayings of Jesus in the
Gospel of John.

To introduce this series we'll interact with Jesus' question: "Who do you say that I am?"

What our friends, neighbours and colleagues will answer to this question?
What we will answer if our friends, neighbours and colleagues would ask
us this question?

These will then be the two main points of the sermon:

1. Who do you say that I am? (Mark 8:27-29)

2. Who is this "I am"? (John 8:58)

"The next day (John the baptist) saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is he of whom I said, 'After me comes a man who ranks before me, because he was before me'."
John 1:29-30 (ESV)

"Jesus said... 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am'. "
John 8:58 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment